Doesn’t it just seem like there are so many more fun things to do when it’s sunny and warm out? From free community events and nature hikes, to sunset cocktail specials and lobster bakes on the beach, there are certainly no lack of date night (or date day!) options for you and your numero uno. For that matter, gather your girls because Rosé Mondays are apparently a thing now (at least in Newport!). Here are our picks for best local outings and offerings this summer season.
1) Pack a picnic and catch one of Newport Film’s evening outdoor screenings, which take place at seriously hip spots around town, including Queen Anne Square, The Newport Art Museum and various mansions.
2) Rosé Mondays – It’s happening. Every Monday from 6 – 8pm, the rooftop bar at the Vanderbilt Grace Hotel will offer a special menu and still and sparkling rosé wines to enjoy with the sunset.
3) Whale Watching – The adorable Dan’l Webster Inn & Spa offers a 1 night whale watching package that includes overnight accommodations, food credit and admission for 2 to a whale watch. It’s so very Cape Cod!
4) Live Music at Carolyn’s Sakonnet Vineyards – My personal favorite of the Coastal Wine Trail vineyards, they have a pretty sweet summer concert series on Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Bring your own snacks or purchase something from their farm to fork cafe. My wine recommendation? Nothing beats a little Rhode Island Red for afternoon sipping!
5) Cape Cod Beer Tour – Take a FREE brewery tour of this Hyannis brewery or attend one of their summer events, such as their Friday farmer’s market or various tasting events.