Uh oh, still not sure what you’re going to do with your honey for Valentine’s day? We thought we’d round up some adorable and simple date ideas that are perfectly doable at the last minute. Whether you want to get out and explore one of the many fun New England events happening through the weekend, or snuggle into your couch together and refuse to leave home, we’ve got you covered.
1. Can’t decide what you love more, wine or chocolate? No problem, choose both! Carolyn’s Sakonnet Vineyard in Little Compton, RI will be holding a wine and chocolate pairing event tonight and tomorrow. Reservations recommended.
2. Adventure within your own home. We love the idea of revisiting your childhoods, together, by building a fort in your living room and hanging out like the big kids you are for the evening. Check out the Free People Blog for more charming and unusual date ideas.
4. Take a cruise around Boston Harbor. The Odyssey is hosting Valentine’s day dinner sails tonight and tomorrow, and a brunch on Sunday.
5. Laugh (and love) a lot with Newport’s own improv. group, The Bit Players, at their special Valentine’s day performances, 8 and 9:30pm on Friday, or catch them Saturday night at 10 and you can all recover from your chocolate hangover together. BYOB. Call 401-849-3473 to reserve your seats.
7. Cheese plate to go. Ask your local farmstead cheesemonger to make up a sampling of the best cheeses in stock, and enjoy picnic style at home. Le Petit Gourmet in Newport is open until 7pm tonight.