The ceremonial father-daughter dance is one of my favorite special moments at a wedding. The relationship between dads and their little girls is like no other, and it’s often one of the sweetest (if not completely tear-inducing) parts of any traditional wedding.
If you want to include this time-honored tradition in your wedding but don’t want it be completely cheesy (I think we can all agree “Butterfly Kisses” is over…right??), here are a few suggestions in honor of Father’s Day this weekend. Just to warn you, I was raised on the classics so most of my picks are at least 30 years old, what can I say, I guess I’m an old soul…
– “Forever Young” Rod Stewart
– “You Are So Beautiful” Joe Cocker
– “Your Song” by Elton John
– “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole
– “My Girl” by The Temptations (*Note – It’s 99.9% likely I’ll be dancing to this one with my dad on the big day. He’s a huge fan of both this song and the “Temptations shuffle,” which he is 99.9% likely to break into at some point during the dance. Love you dad!)
What song did you (or will you) dance to your dad with at your wedding? Let us know in the comments!
Image credit: Father of The Bride