For the big day, there are two opportunities for fun-filled send-offs: when the bride and groom leave the ceremony and, later, when they exit the reception. If you haven’t brainstormed ideas yet, here are some to consider.
P.S. Your venue may restrict certain items, so ask before you plan.
1) Rice – a fun throwback; screams tradition
2) Confetti – opt for the biodegradable kind; custom shapes and colors possible; Etsy is a great resource (search for “wedding confetti”)
3) Rose Petals – romantic but tricky to source; available fresh or freeze dried
4) Bubbles – kids love them and containers can be customized
5) Balloons – again, make sure both the balloon and the attached string are biodegradable; latex balloons pose dangers to animals
6) Dried Lavender – aromatic and environment-friendly
7) Dried Leaves – fall appropriate
8) Bird Seed – your feathered friends will thank you
1) Sparklers – great for photo opportunities, but potentially hazardous when combined with alcohol intake; look for low-smoke varieties
2) Party Horns – cover your ears!
3) Glow Sticks – evoke memories of childhood