Every wedding has its practical “musts,” and helping guests find their reception seats is one of them. But that doesn’t mean you can’t get creative with an escort card display that adds to the theme and charm of your big day. You can tap into your inner artist or enlist a professional stationer to help create a unique look.
Whether you’ve decided to use traditional escort cards or plan on creating a whimsical seating chart, the following ideas are sure to inspire.
1) Vintage Appeal: Re-purposed windows, doors and mirrors provide clever canvasses for escort card displays. Opt for old-school fonts, antiqued paper, faded frames, twine and regular ol’ clothes pins to make your new creations appear time-tested.
2) Arts & Crafts: These origami birds are not only conversation starters – they are also wonderful keepsakes. Or opt for a travel theme with strings of vintage postcards.
3) Go Natural: Nestle escort cards into potted plants or moss for a fully realized garden theme. Pots of individual succulents double as great take-home gifts while pint-size galvanized buckets can be filled with special treats. Even rock paper weights are a simple yet earthy touch.
4) Think Nautical: Seashells, sand and driftwood accents make for subtle seaside elegance. These “message in a bottle” escort cards are both playful and memorable.
Photo Credit: Nicole Montmarquet
5) Chart the Course: A large seating chart in elegant script – either on a chalkboard or, in this case, accommodating windows – points guests in the right direction while looking pretty.
Photo Credits: Elisabeth Millay