Whether it’s you and your beau’s favorite beverage to order together when you’re out, or just a unique and locally themed drink, signature cocktails are a fun way to add another little personal touch to your wedding. Plus, who can resist a custom made tasty concoction, especially one in a pretty hue or fun glass!
If you’re getting married in New England, you’ll find there’s no lack of local libations, so choosing a signature cocktail that fits with your wedding vibe is a pretty easy task. Here are a few suggestions to get you started!
1) Cape Codder – A classic, you can’t go wrong with this one for a simple staple cocktail that nearly everyone likes. Add a lime wedge garnish and a striped straw and you’ve got yourself a festive looking vodka and cranberry juice, aptly named after one of New England’s most coveted wedding destinations.
2) Narragansett Del’s Shandy – a brand new, limited edition brew that’s part of Narragansett’s “Hi Neighbor Mashup” Series, it combines the taste of Narragansett beer and Del’s frozen lemonade, both iconic Rhode Island beverages. It comes in a bright yellow “tallboy” can that would be so fun served at a casual beach reception, maybe with accompanying wedding favor coozies? Just saying…
3) White Wine Spritzer – Since there are several vineyards in New England (Newport Vineyards and Carolyn’s Sakonnet Vineyards to name a few) a light and refreshing white wine spritzer made with local wine would make a classy yet casual summer signature drink.
4) Dark ‘N’ Stormy – If your wedding has any nautical details, this may be a good one to consider. The Dark ‘N’ Stormy is a favorite among sailors and yachtsman, and for good reason. It’s a delicious summer drink, made with ginger beer and dark rum (usually Goslings) and served over ice.
5) Champagne, Elderflower & Lavender Cocktail – We’ve actually wrote about this one before, but it’s just too good not to include again! This combo is served up at the Chanler at Cliff Walk, one of Newport’s grandest venues and is a perfect signature cocktail for any sophisticated affair.
Got more suggestions to add to our list? Leave us a comment and let us know!
Photo Credit: Corbin Gurkin via Brides